DEPARTMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB
Suitable applicants sought to manage implementation of provincial Birth Registration Strategy, with specific focus on Digital Birth Registration interventions in Pakpattan & Bahawalpur
Duration: 09 Months
Supervision: ICT/Program Manager, LG&CD Dept DBR Cell
With administrative support from Asst. Dir LG at District Level
Purpose of this Post:
Technical support for enhanced birth registration service delivery for children, as comprised within the implementation of the Multi-Year Work-Plan (2015-2017), and further elaborated in the Project Document “Upscaling Universal Birth Registration in Six Districts of Punjab” (signed August 2016) and agreed between the Government of Punjab and UNICEF. Under the said Multi-Year Work-Plan, the Digital Birth Registration (DBR) project will be maintained and managed by the Local Government Department, whereby the services of the District IT Coordinator will be required at the district level for the provision of technical support and coordination for the successful implementation of identified interventions in respective districts of Punjab.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical support to the Department of Local Government and Community Development (LG&CDD) at District level for:
- Coordination between the officials of the LG&CDD , ICT/Program Manager, UNICEF and mobile network operators (MNOs) for upscaling and maintaining the system and services during the digital birth registration project.
- Effective coordination with field staff (UC Secretaries, licensed Nikkah Khawans and other facilitators) to ensure the timely and efficient submission of birth registration data.
- Coordination with field staff to address any technical problems encountered in the field.
- Analysis of data trends and generation of monthly District reports for the provincial DBR Cell.
- Delivery of capacity-building trainings related to the DBR application for field staff.
- Provision of technical support to the LG&CDD in support of effective coordination at the district level with all district Steering Committee members.
- Provision of technical support to the District Office of LG&CDD for the maintenance of records.
- Facilitate the organization of events, meetings, workshops and seminars related to the DBR Project.
- Collect child birth registration data at District, Tehsil and UC level for consolidation and presentation to the DBR Cell.
- Must be willing to travel to the field areas (Tehsils, UCs and villages)
- Undertake any duties or tasks assigned by and/or agreed with the ICT/Program Manager.
Qualification / Specialist Knowledge / Experience Required:
- Should have a University Master’s Degree in computer science, with specialization in hardware or Software.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in written form in English
- Planning, coordination and monitoring skills; ability to organize work plans and deliver tasks effectively.
- Must have three to four years’ relevant working experience in data collection, analysis and computer related field.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a team player.