Under general supervision this position is responsible for the maintenance of a store or warehouse which includes but is not limited to, stocking of operational materials and supplies, inventory control and records, purchasing, and related duties as required.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plans and performs work that involves ordering, receiving, inspecting, returning, unloading, shelving, packing, labeling, pricing, delivering, and maintaining a perpetual inventory of forms, office supplies, and various types of equipment.
- Rotates stock and arranges for disposal of surpluses Keeps records to maintain inventory control, cost containment and to assure proper stock levels.
- Coordinates freight handling, equipment moving and minor repairs.
- Operates simple office machines (which may in some cases include computer assisted inventory, automotive equipment, and may operate a forklift or other light equipment used in moving heavy items)
- May participate in the selection, training and supervision of subordinates, when applicable. Performs related and peripheral site-specific duties as required.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
3-5 years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, and recordkeeping; or, a combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required
knowledge and abilities.
- Knowledge of: storekeeping and inventory control procedures;
- Recordkeeping and other clerical procedures
- Care and maintenance of equipment and supplies;
- Safety and security practices
- Basic mechanical concepts Competencies to be kept current:
- Must be physically able to lift heavy items above and below shoulder height, and perform continuous standing, walking, reaching, and bending.
- Ability to: read, interpret, and carry out written and oral instructions;
- Write legibly; prepare and maintain routine records; estimate department needs
- Determine the quality and quantity of materials received in relation to prescribed specifications
- Performs accurate arithmetical calculations; work under pressure; maintain good working relationships with supervisors and peers, organize and prioritize work
- Interpret information contained in parts and service manuals
- Understand and utilize technical repair terminology and concepts
- Learn to use an adding machine, computer terminal (when applicable), and light machinery that may include a forklift.
Behavior: - Must have strong ethics in dealings with Suppliers & Contractors