AKRSP has recently received funding from European Commission for launching a 28 months project titled Developing a Sustainable Value Chain for Gems and Jewellery Sector in Northern Pakistan. In order to implement the project we are looking for some suitable candidates to fill in the vacant positions. In this regard applications are invited from competent professionals to fill in the positions of Project Manager based at our Gilgit office.
Overall responsibility for planning and management of Gems and Jewellery projects in Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral.
Over 7 years of relevant experience with knowledge of entrepreneurship, value chain development and vocational skill development, preferably in development sector.
- Provide managerial and technical support and lead the project team in planning and execution of the project with clear time line.
- Develop monthly and quarterly progress/financial reports and provide progress review and reports to the donor and other stakeholders.
- Develop a productive working relationship with other partners and stakeholders.
- Review the value chain report and plan the activities in accordance with the value chain.
- Develop a working strategy to ensure that fair, safe and environment friendly mining practices are being carried out by the LSOs.
- In collaboration with the partner organizations will organize training courses for youth in safe mining, gems cutting, polishing and valuation of the product.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy for the gems produced from the project area and ensure transparent and sustainable marketing systems accordingly.
- Develop a national/international branding of gems and jewellery produced of the project area.
- Develop the annual plan/budget and will be responsible for its smooth execution.
- Produce periodic qualitative assessment and studies, conduct seminars/workshops and share information and experience with other similar activities to disseminate the knowledge and learning.
NOTE: AKRSP is an equal opportunity employer. Only online applications submitted through this website before the date line will be considered for further process. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for test/interview