Health & Nutrition Coordinator
Purpose Of Position:
The coordinator’s main role is to supervise the health & nutrition staff to implement and coordinate Health and Nutrition programs including: planning, documentation, monitoring, evaluation, research, and training.
Program Assessment and Design
- Plan and set up health programs (Public Health, MCH, Health and nutrition promotion, SGBV programs).
- Build links between the health programs and other programs to maximize integration (e.g. livelihoods,
- Education, child protection and WASH).
- Plan and coordinate health assessments of existing and new project areas in conjunction with DM&E department.
- Engage in developing the health components of the response and rehabilitation strategy.
- Engage with donors and program officers access funding and develop proposals and budgets with the health and nutrition coordinators and finance.
Management and Monitoring
- Supervise the health staff, including regular appraisals in coordination with HR
- Compile weekly and monthly progress and technical reports for donors and SMT.
- Establish and maintain World Vision and other best practice standards for health programs.
- Monitor and assist in evaluating health and nutrition program.
- Identify possible health projects as per the strategy.
- Promote local capacities for peace by periodic analysis of program impact on and potential for conflict between
- Beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries, and adjust program accordingly.
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreamed in all activities and within the community.
- Ensure standardization in all programs, timely purchase and transportation of goods to the project.
- Liaison and coordination with the DGHS, EDO Health, WHO, UNICEF, health clusters and NGOs working in the same locations to ensure programme coherence and avoidance of service gaps and overlap
- Maintain relationships with government, UN and partner agencies
- Engage in health and nutrition cluster activities at district and provincial level
- Provide weekly and monthly reports for the health program.
- Provide monthly statistical reports on health program operations.
- Ensure that project narrative and financial reports are completed and forwarded to donors.
- Collaborate with finance regarding development and management of project budgets and timely reporting.
- Ensure expenditures are within budget and in compliance with financial standards.
- Ensure that monthly cash projections are prepared and submitted to finance.
- Coordinate all purchases and requisitions with procurement.
- To assess, design and implement appropriate training programs to equip and upgrade knowledge and skills of health staff.
- Assist coordinators in other sectors in development of appropriate to health, hygiene and nutrition promotion information.
- Capacity building of health teams with reference to community processes. Mentor and train WV staff, and mentor and support the staff at partnering health centers.
- Document training program results.
- Medical degree, nursing degree with midwifery and/or Masters of Public Health.
- 3-5 years health care program management and nutrition experience.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent English and Urdu communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Sariki and other local languages and advantage
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel to project areas for assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Must be prepared to travel to the field to monitor a capacity build staff, with possible overnight stays.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Functioning knowledge of MS Office, Lotus Notes and statistical program (eg. EPInfo, SPSS, SMART Indicators)
- Operational knowledge Sphere relief standards
- Operational knowledge of community based psychosocial support
- Understanding of interagency standards such as MISP, Mental Health Guidelines, Gender guidelines etc