A minimum of 7 years of experience working of risk assessment, internal audit and external audits.
Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant & certified Internal audit
Presentation and writing skills.
Ability to work in high-stress environment and under extreme pressure.
Knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test, sampling methods and computerized accounting and auditing record keeping systems.
An ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
An ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit, particularly legislation changes and developments as they affect charities, and new auditing techniques and practices
An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with other staff and to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
An ability to work unsupervised.
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed;
- Interaction with the various governance groups occurs as needed;
- Significant financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely;
- Employees’ actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations;
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected;
- Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved;
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the organization’s control process;
- Significant legislative, compliance and regulatory issues impacting the organization are recognized and addressed properly.
- To develop a flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submits that plan to the Chief of Party for review and approval.
- Evaluate procedures for documenting and communicating key financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Evaluate adequacy of resources available for executing FSSP policies and explore ways and means for more efficient use of resources as a person independent of the persons having direct control over the resources.
- Evaluate key systems for effective internal checks and procedures for safeguarding FSSP assets.
- Maintain a record of the organizational structure, job descriptions, and authorization limits etc, and periodic modifications therein, to verify authenticity of transactions.
- Assess adequacy of appropriate controls on collection, storage and access to important financial data and sensitive information.
- Plan and carry out the financial audit procedures to measure performance against budgets, plans, policies and standard procedures.
- Appropriately document audit strategy, programs, workings and findings.
- Highlight training gaps (for finance and general administrative staff) and provide training for improving efficiency of groups/individuals.
- Implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including, and as appropriate, any special tasks or projects requested by the management.
- Ensure quality of the operation of internal auditing activities.
- Perform consulting services, beyond assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives. Examples may include facilitation, process design, training, system documentation and advisory services.
- Evaluate and assess significant merging/consolidating functions and new or changing services, processes, operations, and control processes coincident with their development, implementation, and/or expansion.
- Identify key policies and procedures for all major objectives relating to financial and administrative matters.
- Issue periodic reports to the COP/DCOPs/ Directors summarizing results of audit activities.
- Assist in the investigation of significant suspected fraudulent activities within the organization and notify appropriate level of senior management of the results.
- Consider the scope of work of the external auditors and regulators, as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage to the organization at a reasonable overall cost.