New Light AIDS Control Society started its operations in 1999 and currently working in the area of HIV/AIDS with focus on care and support of PLHIV in Pakistan.
New Light AIDS Control Society has its main office at Lahore; however care and support project is implemented by New Light throughout Punjab and Sindh. New Light is going to scale up its program under Global Fund Round 9 at Punjab and would provide comprehensive care and support services to PLHIV.
The Project Manager, HIV/AIDS ensures the implement high quality HIV care and support program, as well as develops capacity of programming team. Project Manager also works closely with CEO to explore program growth opportunities and to develop new project proposal, build New Light relationships with other HIV/AIDS stakeholders. This position is based are Multan with frequent travel to project sites and New Light offices in Punjab.
- Manages Global fund round 9 grant as SSR
- Provides technical support to project staff for quality implementation of Care and Support project
- Develops linkages with donors , NACP, PACP, UN agencies and other stake holders
- Responsible for timely submission of monthly and quarterly narrative and financial report to sub recipient
- Conducts regular technical assistance and monitoring visits to Newlight sub offices in Punjab
- Works closely with sub recipient for development of monitoring and evaluation tool for project
- Orients staff on M&E tools and ensures quality assurance of data.
- Conducts on site data verification
- Works closely with finance department for effective use of budget as well as ensure that budget are spent as per project agreement and donor dead line
- Responsible for the development of referrals and linkages with hospitals/ formal health care providers
- Responsible for the planning, designing, monitoring and management of all official work and field activities regarding project
- Builds the capacity of staff through formal and informal training
- Responsible for the development of Project Proposals
- Participates in meetings related to HIV/AIDS and health related network
- Maintains confidentiality to access of information regarding New Light AIDS Control Society and its Partners
- Minimum three years of professional experience managerial HIV/AIDS project, preferably Care and Support project
- At least education masters, MBBS, MBA, MA, social sciences and other related qualification.
- Professional knowledge of basic computer programs Ms. Office, Excel, Power point, In-page, Internet and e-mail.
- Experience of managing staff
- Ability to analyze problems and provide systematic solutions in line with established policies/procedures
- Proven experience in all aspects of programming, including project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing (reports, letters, project proposals) skills
- Experience working in delicate situations with local organizations
- Willingness to travel in remote areas of Pakistan
- Flexible, motivated team player.
- Must have fluency in English and Urdu. Knowledge of local languages would be an additional advantage
- Project Managers, Admin and Finance Officers, Project Staff and Chief Executive
- UN agencies, INGOs , Local NGOs, PACP, NACP, CRS, Hospitals, HIV treatment centers.