WASH Project Coordinator
Purpose Of Position
To lead the assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activities in affected community of designated province in line with the needs of community, projects target and schedule.
Major Activities and Overall Responsibility
1. Identify targeted communities that meets WASH criteria for area selection:
2. To coordinate with government and other agencies or institutions about area selection, standard on WASH activities and qualities, technical issues, collaboration when working in same areas and other necessary actions required to support community needs and meet projects requirement.
3. Develop implementation plan and strategies to meet community needs and achieve project targets in line with budget, staffs and project deadlines.
4. Conduct monitoring on all WASH project activities in the field to ensure they are appropriate, used and maintained well by community and meet the quantity, quality standard, budget and timeline of projects.
5. To coordinate with other sectors for projects implementation:
6. Assist WASH Program Manager in ensuring that WASH programs and their delivery incorporate appropriate elements of accountability, monitoring and evaluation, gender, protection, disabilities and other relevant themes.
7. Conduct capacity building for WASH staffs by having regular meeting, coaching and necessary training to increase staff capacity in meeting their targets
8. Monitor WASH staff activities to ensure they apply Code of Conduct, Sphere minimum standards and WV policies while conducting their activities and in line with project implementation planning and schedules.
Knowledge and Skills
1. University degree in Public Health, Environmental Health or Social Development and relevant field with 5-7 years proven experience in development program planning and project management.
2. Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) knowledge & skills.
3. Experienced in conducting training for PHAST at least 2 years
4. Excellent English Communication skills (oral and written)
5. Ability to design and develop reports, proposals, correspondence and media interest stories through knowledge of MS office and Lotus Notes.
6. Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
7. Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina
1 Achieving quality results and services
2 Practicing accountability and integrity
3 Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly.
4 Building collaborative relationship.