CAN WE COUNT ON YOU TO JOIN OUR DISTRICT ENGINEERING TEAM?
To support the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to increase collaboration between citizens and Government, a well-respected programme invites applications for:
Base: Chitral. Work Area: Throughout the Chitral district, with emphasis on the capacity building of government and elected officials in devolved governance.
The Field Engineer will support capacity building and capacity enhancement of district engineers of all the line departments working on community infrastructure projects. The Field Engineer will also support the district authorities in reviewing the technical quality of project proposals and subsequent implementation. The Field Engineer will support the district government and line departments in all CDLD infrastructure related engineering activities being implemented by the beneficiary communities. The Field Engineer with also support M&E of engineering works.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Civil Engineering, with relevant experience;
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Good computing skills – fluency in MS Office, Word, Excel and other related software programs;
- Fluency in English, written and spoken; and
- Knowledge of local languages is preferred.
General Professional Experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in related fields; and
- Good working knowledge pertaining to rural infrastructure and community development infrastructure engineering standards and specifications.
Specific Professional Experience
- Sound knowledge of design and implementation of various rural development infrastructure constructed in remote villages of KP;
- Experience of working with district administrations, line departments, and other development agencies;
- Experience in working with rural communities, capacity building, and training organizations an asset.
Application Instructions: Applications, clearly addressing the prerequisites and responsibilities above, along with cover letter of maximum 1 page and CV of maximum 4 pages including 3 referees with their details must be received by 26 April 2017, 4 p.m. at: www.brightspyre.com. Look for the Field Engineer job advertisement. Only candidates meeting the prerequisites need apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquiries will be accepted. Applications not conforming strictly to the above instructions shall not be considered.