Background and Context
Subai-Pakistan is a Technical Assistance project being funded by the EU with an overall objective to advance the functioning of Pakistan parliamentary institution, in particular Pakistan provincial assemblies, through effective legislation, strengthened policy and budget oversight and enhanced representation.
Subai – Pakistan has successfully completed its Inception Period and is aiming to achieve key milestones in each of its result area. There will be residential retreats, orientation sessions, public hearings, capacity building initiatives for the four Provincial Assemblies and 2 Legislative Assemblies of Pakistan, recruitment of short term experts. This requires substantial technical, managerial and administrative work in order to achieve our targets in time.
The SUBAI Technical Team will be supported by an experienced core programme support group which will be headed by the SUBAI Finance & Operations Manager who will have managerial responsibility for the development, implementation and management of all financial management systems and ensuring the smooth implementation of the Project. The Subai - Pakistan team requires the services of a Finance & Operations Associate who can work mainly to provide a range of support directly to the Finance & Operations Manager. The Finance & Operations Associate will possess the skills and competency to handle finance, project operations, general administration and HR related functions. This may include but not be limited by assisting with processing payable transactions (voucher preparation, hard filing, record maintenance), processing of HR related matters, making a trail of project related expenses and other routine tasks assigned by the manager.
Role and Responsibilities
Provision of direct support to the Subai Finance & Operations Manager and liaison within the Project team to undertake the following tasks;
- Support the preparation of the monthly Fund transfer request;
- Preparation of all payment vouchers (payment processing), hard filing of vouchers and record maintenance of finance;
- Booking of Journal Vouchers and Payment Vouchers in the Quick Books for corporate audit requirement;
- Account for transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentations are filled with the voucher and assistance in ensuring controls over payments (compliance with budget);
- Assist in Invoices Processing of STTA (getting approvals from team lead) , coordination with the STTA to edit the days as mentioned by their line manager;
- Assist in coordinating with vendors & consultants regarding complete details about invoices;
- Prepare monthly Bank reconciliations on basis and manage all correspondence with banks in respect of bank statements;
- Ensure that all the cash/cheque payment vouchers are supported by the relevant supporting documents;
- Deposit tax deduction at source;
- Assist in liaison with the internal and external auditor;
- Assist in HR related tasks i.e. ensuring reconciliation of leave record with attendance record, ensuring completeness of HR documents;
- Support in coor
- dination with the team related to operational matters;
- Any other task assigned by Finance and Operations Manager;
Experience and Qualification:
Required 3-4 years of relevant experience and degree in relevent field.
40,000-50,000 PKR per month